Capitol proposes P1.33B 2012 budget, SP scheds marathon hearings

MALAYBALAY CITY (Bukidnon News Dispatch/04 October)–  Gov. Alex
Calingasan has proposed a P1.330 billion budget for 2012, about P50
million short compared to the provincial government’s 2011 budget of
P1.379 billion.

The Provincial Government of Bukidnon, which received an internal
revenue allotment of P1.311 billion in 2011, will receive only P1.249
billion this year or P62.2 million less, due to the five-percent
shortfall in the national revenue in 2009, which is the basis for the
computation of the internal revenue allotment (IRA) for 2012.

The local government units in Bukidnon will lose a total of about
P213.8 million, according to a memorandum circular released recently
by Budget and Management Secretary Florencio B. Abad.

A P5.23 million projected increase in total tax revenue and a P1.5
million increase in non-tax revenues are expected to close a little
closer the gap in the IRA due to the reduction. An incentive of an
estimated P6 million from the AusAid’s Provincial Road Management
Facility also helps increase the budget, an incentive not noted in
last year’s external resources.

The Sangguniang Panlalawigan announced it will hold marathon committee hearings on the budget from October 5, 2012 up to October 18, board member Nemesio Beltran said.

Beltran said they will hold a close door deliberation to agree on how
to check on the items of the 2012 budget.

But he said the committee hearings on the budget will be open to the
public, as it is mandated by law.

The biggest chunk of the proposed budget next year, P392.99 billion or
29.54 percent, goes to general public services. The general public
services account covers personal services at the biggest with P182.96
million; maintenance and other operating expense with P97.17 million;
non-office project, P60.15 million; personal services, P52.51 million;
and financial expenses P200,000.

About 28.88 percent of the Capitol’s proposed budget or P383.98
billion will go to statutory and mandatory obligations of the province
including but not limited to loans.

About 12.40 percent or P164.50 goes to economic services, which covers
personal services, P80.91 million; MOOE, P3.49 million; and non-office
project, P80.10 million.

Social services owns about 14.55 percent or P193.51 million of the
proposed budget., which covers personal services, P22.42 million;
MOOE, P8.31 million; personal services, P5.5 million; non-office
project, P157.28 million.

The budget also includes subsidy to economic enterprise of P189
million and purchase of construction equipment P6 million.

The Capitol also proposed a P589.73 million economic enterprise
budget, including personal services, P411.71 million; MOOE, P59.79
million; Capital outlay, P1.12 million; non-office/project, personal
services P9.69 million and non-office MOOE, P87.5 million.

The budget for economic enterprise budget also includes P19.91 million
for statutory and mandatory obligations.

In the SP’s deliberation of the 2011 budget in December 2010,
questions posed by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan on specific projects
have prevented the smooth passage of Bukidnon’s P1.3-billion proposed
budget for next year despite extensive budget hearings followed by two
days of deliberations last week by the provincial legislative body.

Vice Gov. Jose Ma. R. Zubiri Jr. and the board members said during
their sessions on November 30 and December 1 that they wanted to
personally discuss with Gov. Alex Calingasan some items under the
proposed budget’s 20-percent development fund.

“The governor has a right to propose his budget; we also have the
right to adjust the budget. Let us discuss this with him in a closed
door meeting,” Zubiri said after 1st district Board Member Rogelio
Lago complained during their Dec. 1 session about the “unfair and
inequitable” allocation of provincial government resources.

Lago claimed that Baungon, where he was once the mayor only got a
pittance of the budget compared to the amounts given to other towns
under the 20-percent development fund. He cited that the town’s
proposed public market was not in the list while a P2-million wet
market for Barangay San Miguel, Manolo Fortich was included. (Walter
I. Balane/Bukidnon News)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: