4 BJMP personnel, inmate abducted in Kitaotao, Bukidnon

MALAYBALAY CITY – Armed men believed to be members of the communist New People’s Army snatched an inmate of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology Ozamis City along with four BJMP personnel, including the jail warden, early morning Thursday in Rawari, a village in Kitaotao town along the Bukidnon –Davao highway.

The armed men, posing as soldiers, blocked the BJMP vehicle carrying eight inmates bound to the Davao Penal Colony. They also took with them as hostages four of the 10 BJMP personnel who escorted the inmates.

Jail S/Insp. Guy Jason Reyes, Malaybalay City jail warden, who was in contact with the BJMP personnel before the incident identified the captives as jail inmate Dennis Rudinas; J/Insp. Erico Llamasares, Ozamis City jail warden; J/Insp. Murphy Tudyog; SJ02 Rogelio Begontes, and J01 Rolando Bajuyo.

J/Insp. Clint Russel Tangares, BJMP assistant regional director for administration, told Bukidnon News via SMS as of 5p.m. they have received no word yet from their captors about the situation of Rudinas and their colleagues.

Reyes said the six BJMP personnel and seven other inmates who were left behind were able to proceed to Dapecol unharmed, Reyes added.

But the perpetrators took identified number of firearms of different calibers, he added.

Reyes, formerly the Ozamis city jail warden prior to assignment to Malaybalay, said they have received no word from the captives or their captors so far.

Reyes said attackers held six vehicles in a check point. When it was the turn of the BJMP vehicle to be checked, the armed men told the passengers not to move as they only wanted the firearms.

But Rudinas volunteered that it was him whom the men will rescue, Reyes added, quoting one of the BJMP personnel left in the attack site.

Police Supt. Canilo A. Fuentes, Bukidnon police deputy director for operations said Thursday morning they were captured in the area along the Bukidnon – Davao highway near the landslide site last weekend in Brgy. Kahusayan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.

Fuentes said the attack appeared to be a rescue operation for Rudinas who he identified as the finance officer of the NPA in Misamis Occidental. Fuentes did not respond to queries whether all firearms were snatched.

He said the attack happened at around 3:30a.m. by more or less 200 persons believed to be NPA members, as of his “initial report” by 9a.m . Thursday.

Kitaotao mayor Rudito Rafisura told Bukidnon News via telephone he received no reports the attackers have entered upland communities in his town. He said he was assured by police that the motorists along the Bukidnon Davao Highway will be kept safe and guarded. He said aside from the Bukidnon Provincial Police Office team, the police teams from Quezon and Kitaotao towns were posted in the area.

Fuentes said as of 3p.m. that P/Chief Supt. Conrado E. Laza, Regional Director of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Northern Mindanao has presided over briefing of the police teams for the pursuit operations. (Walter I. Balane)

 

Visit also www.mindanews.com for more news on Bukidnon

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: